Click here to view our Annual Governance Statement
What do we do?
Governors make collective decisions as part of the Governing Body. Our main purpose is to help raise the educational standards and performance of Linton Mead by supporting the work of the Headteacher and school staff. We ensure that the school runs effectively, that quality teaching and learning is happening across the school, that the budget is spent wisely and that Linton Mead provides good value for money.
We make strategic decisions on how the school is run and are answerable to parents, the wider community and most importantly the children who attend Linton Mead. We govern rather than manage giving direction and focus. The management of the school remains the responsibility of the Headteacher. We are responsible for:
- Appointing the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher
- Managing the school's budget
- Determining aims, policies and priorities for Linton Mead
- Monitoring and evaluating the work of the school
- Ensuring high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour
- Ensuring that all children in the schools have access to a broad and balanced curriculum, suitable to age, aptitude and ability, which prepares them for adult life
- Ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff
We meet 3 times annually, once each term. In addition to these full Governing Body meetings our committees also meet at least once a term. We have a 'Personnel & Finance Committee', a 'Learning, Achievement & Environment Committee' and a 'Pay Committee'; the members discuss items in depth and make recommendations to the full governing body.
Click here to view the meeting schedule for the year
You can contact our Governors by emailing them at governors@lintonmead.Greenwich.sch.uk
Who are our Governors?
Click HERE to view our school Governors structure for 2019